Our Animal Area

Here at the Japanese Koi Company, we try to be more than just a pet shop. With many years of experience, we really know our animals.


We have built a new and exciting area occupied with a few select animals from around the world. This blog will show the birth of the project and introduce you to a few of the animals we love. Through pictures , text, videos and who knows maybe even a webcam this blog will involve you in their day to day lives.



Wednesday 6 June 2012

Working with animals

When working with animals you have ups and downs. Some days will be better than others, on monday my rescue German Shepherd was sadly put to sleep. Old age had got the better of her and a tumor had caused internal bleeding. She was found abandoned on a road with 14 other German shepherds!! The blue cross found her and put her in kennels which she could not live in due to chewing herself up. She was then put in foster homes until finally reaching me , I have had the pleasure of looking after  her for the past two years. Since the first day i got her she has been my shadow, wherever i was she was right there beside me.

We have been up Mount Snowdon, sat on a 300ft cliff overlooking the sea, we have fallen in rivers and nearly got run over by a stolen van. I hope she enjoyed all those things as much as i did.
She was between 10 and 12 when she died and although a very sad occasion for my family i do look back at the good times and how much i have learnt from her.

I would like to say thank you to the blue cross and i would like to urge people to rehome or rescue a dog, even though they may be old they have an awful lot to give. People say you cant get to know them as you dont see them grow up, my Molly would have defended my family from a raging bear if need be!!!!
http://www.bluecross.org.uk/

Molly , Best friend , Shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment